Are you experiencing pain and swelling from decayed or injured teeth? You may have a very deep cavity and require a root canal. Dentistry With a Smile is your local source for root canal treatment in Fall River, MA. Dr. Suhair Shamoon is an experienced endodontist that will make your experience as comfortable as possible.
What Is a Root Canal?
This is a procedure that rids your tooth pulp and root of the infection. An endodontist such as Dr. Shamoon will carefully remove any infected or injured pulp inside your tooth. Once all infection is cleared, our staff will fill and seal the tooth. Depending on how much tooth structure remains, we may also put a cap on your tooth to further protect it.
Why Do I Need a Root Canal?
If your tooth pulp or root becomes injured or infected, it is time for a root canal in our office. Here are some common causes of a root canal:
- Bad crown
- Cracked tooth
- Chipped tooth
- Deep tooth decay/cavity
Benefits of a Root Canal
Root canals are often thought of as painful. However, our staff will provide comfortable and relaxing root canal treatment in Fall River, MA. If an injured or infected tooth is not properly treated, it may abscess and cause other problems. It will further decay and may need to be pulled. A root canal allows you to save your original teeth. Pulled teeth result in unsightly and inconvenient gaps.
A missing tooth will also cause other teeth to shift - this will create misalignment. Misaligned teeth will produce a crooked smile. Shifted teeth will also affect your bite. It is more cost-effective and convenient to save your natural teeth whenever possible.
If you are ready for root canal treatment in Fall River, MA, call our office at (508) 672-6471. Come to Dentistry With a Smile where Dr. Shamoon will perform this procedure with care and expertise.
Would you like to keep your smile bright and healthy? Schedule regular dental cleanings with your Fall River, MA, dentist, Dr. Suhair Shamoon of Dentistry With a Smile.
How You Benefit From Dental Cleanings
Dental cleanings are essential for good oral health and offer these benefits:
- Lower Risk of Cavities: Cleanings remove plaque, the clear, sticky substance that forms a film over your teeth. Although brushing and flossing are excellent ways to clean plaque from your teeth, it may still remain in hard-to-reach places. The longer plaque remains on your teeth, the more likely you'll develop cavities. Fortunately, your dentist can get rid of every speck of plaque.
- Less Chance of Gum Disease: Plaque \turns into tartar if it remains on your teeth too long. Unlike plaque, brownish tartar can't be removed by brushing or flossing. During your cleaning, your dentist will use a special tool called a scaler to safely remove tartar buildup. Since both plaque and tartar can be factors in gum disease, scheduling cleanings every six months offers a simple way to lower your gum disease risk.
- Better Breath: Have you noticed that your breath seems a little stale lately? Removing plaque, tartar, and food debris between teeth can help you freshen your breath.
- A Sparkling Smile: Polishing, the last part of your dental cleaning, removes surface stains that may make your teeth look a little dull.
During your visit to your Fall River, MA, dentist, we will also examine your teeth, gums, and mouth. If your dentist notices cavities or signs of common dental issues, such as gum disease, loose fillings, or cracked teeth, they can recommend treatment options.
Your appointment is also the perfect time to discuss any oral health concerns you may have and ask about cosmetic dentistry treatments that can enhance your appearance. Whether you're concerned about a chipped tooth, a crooked smile, or a missing tooth, your dentist can recommend treatment options that will help you improve your smile.
Is it time to make an appointment for a dental cleaning and checkup? Call your dentist in Fall River, MA, Dr. Shamoon of Dentistry With a Smile, at (508) 672-6471 to schedule your appointment.
As time goes on, your pearly whites can begin to appear dull. However, teeth whitening in Fall River, MA, from your dentist Dr. Suhair Shamoon of Dentistry With A Smile, LLC could save the day.
It Can Boost Your Confidence
If your teeth discolorations have forced you to stay tight-lipped, teeth whitening can give you a confidence boost. Teeth whitening can break down teeth stains caused by food, drinks, or cigarettes so that you can have your confidence back. You can smile brightly or give that speech without feeling self-conscious.
It Can Improve Your Appearance
Discolored teeth can look unappealing. Teeth whitening can get rid of your teeth stains so that you don't have to edit your teeth to appear brighter in photos anymore.
If you've tried over-the-counter teeth whitening products, you'll probably find that it could take a while for you to see results. Also, you might not get dramatic results. On the other hand, teeth whitening with your Fall River, MA, dentist will give you better results. Professional teeth whitening gel contains a stronger bleaching agent that gets your teeth several shades brighter. In-office teeth whitening can also get your teeth brighter in about an hour.
When your dentist determines that your teeth stains can benefit from professional teeth whitening, you can be assured of your results. You might find that generic teeth whitening products may give you uneven results or take a lot longer to work.
Trying to whiten your teeth at home without your dentist's guidance can be bad for your teeth and gums. At your dentist's office, she'll protect your gums and other soft tissue in your mouth from the teeth bleaching gel. By ensuring that the teeth bleaching agent stays on your teeth alone, your dentist protects other tissues from damage.
Teeth whitening from your dentist can get you the specific degree of whiteness you want and in the areas you need it. With your dentist, you can customize your teeth whitening treatment to suit your preferences.
Call (508) 672-6471 to schedule your dental appointment with your dentist, Dr. Shamoon of Dentistry With A Smile, LLC for teeth whitening in Fall River, MA.
Straight teeth are usually credited to a beautiful smile but there's more to straight teeth than a pretty smile. Crooked or mishappen teeth make it difficult for people to eat or speak properly and increase the risk of tooth decay. Dr. Suhair Shamoon of Dentistry With a Smile provides patients with preventative, restorative, and esthetic procedures, including braces, at her Fall River, MA, office.
Braces are used to straighten teeth. These orthodontic appliances apply slight pressure on the teeth, coaxing them into the right position over time.
There are two general types of braces:
Fixed Braces- The majority of patients wear fixed appliances. These metal braces are referred to as traditional metal braces and are very efficient in fixing serious or extreme problems, like large dental gaps. They are attached to teeth using metal bands or a special cement, but not everyone wants people to know they have braces on.
Other examples of fixed braces include:
- Ceramic braces, which are an example of fixed braces that are less conspicuous. The brackets on the front side are tooth-colored so they blend in with natural teeth.
- Lingual braces, that are truly invisible because they can be placed on the tongue side of teeth. They work the same way as traditional braces but are completely hidden.
Removable Braces- Older teens and adults in Fall River, MA, with less severe dental issues usually opt for removable braces. These removable clear aligners need to be worn approximately 22 hours per day. You can take them off while you eat and when you need to brush or floss your teeth.
Would you like to speak with a dentist about braces?
To learn more about braces and which type works best for you, contact Dr. Shamoon of Dentistry With a Smile at her Fall River, MA, office. You can call her at (508) 672-6471 to schedule an appointment or to ask any questions.
What's the finest tooth replacement available in Fall River, MA? It's the dental implant from Dentistry With a Smile. Dr. Suhair Shamoon expertly places these complete artificial teeth, giving patients the natural smile appearance, function, and longevity they deserve.
Dental implants and you
After tooth loss, you want the best way to fill that smile gap. With a dental implant, you have a complete solution. From roots to crown, your new tooth will look, act, and feel just like the real thing.
How can that be? A dental implant has three separate parts. The first part placed during oral surgery in our Falls River, MA, office is a titanium metal screw. This small device bonds with the jaw bone over the course of several weeks.
This process of osseointegration transforms the implant into a replacement tooth root. Unto that new root, Dr. Shamoon later attaches a metal alloy extension post and a porcelain crown made just for your unique smile.
Truly, dental implants have revolutionized tooth replacement technology. Not only can your dentist span a narrow smile gap, but she can place two, four, or even six implants to support larger prosthetics such as bridgework and full dentures. Extraordinary.
The advantages of dental implants
There are many advantages to receiving dental implants, including:
1. Improved jaw bone size, width, and density
2. Natural smile appearance--no clasps, adhesives, or precision attachments
3. Maintenance of your facial contours (no facial sagging or premature wrinkles)
4. Strong biting force (almost as good as your natural teeth)
5. Permanent tooth replacement (dental implants usually last decades, says the Institute for Dental Implant Awareness)
6. Easy evaluation and well-tolerated oral surgery at Dentistry With a Smile
7. Simple day to day maintenance (just brush and floss to keep your new tooth clean and see your dentist for your usual cleaning and check-up every six months)
8. Improved self-confidence as you speak, smile, and laugh in public
Are you ready for dental implants?
Find out during a friendly exam and conversation with implant expert, Dr. Suhair Shamoon at Dentistry With a Smile in Fall River, MA. Phone us today at (508) 672-6471.
This website includes materials that are protected by copyright, or other proprietary rights. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use, as defined in the copyright laws, requires the written permission of the copyright owners.