Posts for category: Dental Procedures
Are you experiencing pain and swelling from decayed or injured teeth? You may have a very deep cavity and require a root canal. Dentistry With a Smile is your local source for root canal treatment in Fall River, MA. Dr. Suhair Shamoon is an experienced endodontist that will make your experience as comfortable as possible.
What Is a Root Canal?
This is a procedure that rids your tooth pulp and root of the infection. An endodontist such as Dr. Shamoon will carefully remove any infected or injured pulp inside your tooth. Once all infection is cleared, our staff will fill and seal the tooth. Depending on how much tooth structure remains, we may also put a cap on your tooth to further protect it.
Why Do I Need a Root Canal?
If your tooth pulp or root becomes injured or infected, it is time for a root canal in our office. Here are some common causes of a root canal:
- Bad crown
- Cracked tooth
- Chipped tooth
- Deep tooth decay/cavity
Benefits of a Root Canal
Root canals are often thought of as painful. However, our staff will provide comfortable and relaxing root canal treatment in Fall River, MA. If an injured or infected tooth is not properly treated, it may abscess and cause other problems. It will further decay and may need to be pulled. A root canal allows you to save your original teeth. Pulled teeth result in unsightly and inconvenient gaps.
A missing tooth will also cause other teeth to shift - this will create misalignment. Misaligned teeth will produce a crooked smile. Shifted teeth will also affect your bite. It is more cost-effective and convenient to save your natural teeth whenever possible.
If you are ready for root canal treatment in Fall River, MA, call our office at (508) 672-6471. Come to Dentistry With a Smile where Dr. Shamoon will perform this procedure with care and expertise.
Would you like to keep your smile bright and healthy? Schedule regular dental cleanings with your Fall River, MA, dentist, Dr. Suhair Shamoon of Dentistry With a Smile.
How You Benefit From Dental Cleanings
Dental cleanings are essential for good oral health and offer these benefits:
- Lower Risk of Cavities: Cleanings remove plaque, the clear, sticky substance that forms a film over your teeth. Although brushing and flossing are excellent ways to clean plaque from your teeth, it may still remain in hard-to-reach places. The longer plaque remains on your teeth, the more likely you'll develop cavities. Fortunately, your dentist can get rid of every speck of plaque.
- Less Chance of Gum Disease: Plaque \turns into tartar if it remains on your teeth too long. Unlike plaque, brownish tartar can't be removed by brushing or flossing. During your cleaning, your dentist will use a special tool called a scaler to safely remove tartar buildup. Since both plaque and tartar can be factors in gum disease, scheduling cleanings every six months offers a simple way to lower your gum disease risk.
- Better Breath: Have you noticed that your breath seems a little stale lately? Removing plaque, tartar, and food debris between teeth can help you freshen your breath.
- A Sparkling Smile: Polishing, the last part of your dental cleaning, removes surface stains that may make your teeth look a little dull.
During your visit to your Fall River, MA, dentist, we will also examine your teeth, gums, and mouth. If your dentist notices cavities or signs of common dental issues, such as gum disease, loose fillings, or cracked teeth, they can recommend treatment options.
Your appointment is also the perfect time to discuss any oral health concerns you may have and ask about cosmetic dentistry treatments that can enhance your appearance. Whether you're concerned about a chipped tooth, a crooked smile, or a missing tooth, your dentist can recommend treatment options that will help you improve your smile.
Is it time to make an appointment for a dental cleaning and checkup? Call your dentist in Fall River, MA, Dr. Shamoon of Dentistry With a Smile, at (508) 672-6471 to schedule your appointment.
What do chronic toothache, sensitivity to temperature, cavities, and damaged teeth have in common? These are some of the dental problems that can be treated with a dental crown. Modern porcelain crowns present wider applications aside from the restoration of failing teeth.
Here at Dentistry With A Smile, LLC in Fall River, MA, our dentist Dr. Suhair Shamoon also uses dental crowns to finish dental implants and reinforce their strength and longevity. So how can dental crowns fix your smile?
The Smile You Deserve
A dental crown is an ideal solution because it installs a cap that protects and strengthens the compromised tooth. It is designed to blend with the natural color and texture of your existing teeth so that it can improve your smile without being conspicuous. Dental crowns are commonly applied to:
- Cracked and chipped teeth
- Severely decayed teeth
- Combined with bridgework
- Replace missing teeth
Keep in mind that the loss of one or more teeth for whatever reason will damage your smile. Fortunately, dental crowns present a straightforward solution to restoring your damaged smile and improve your confidence and oral health. It's why your dentist in Fall River MA recommends them.
More Benefits from Dental Crowns
Aside from the obvious benefit of fixing your smile, there are other advantages that dental crowns offer. These are:
- Stronger Teeth. By reinforcing a damaged tooth, dental crowns provide a mechanism that will help you cope with the wear and tear that damages the tooth enamel. Although considered as the strongest substance of the body, teeth do get damaged. The good news is that dental crowns are equally strong, and although not designed to last forever, it could help keep your teeth and gums healthy for a long time with proper oral hygiene.
- Dental crowns likewise safeguard your mouth from harmful bacteria by preventing it from getting under the gum line where infection could start. Even if an infection has started, your dentist in Fall River, MA, can treat it with root canal therapy and then cap the treated tooth with a dental crown if caught early on. Protection extends not only to the damaged tooth but also to the adjacent ones.
- For some restorative dentistry procedures, it is the dental crown that serves as the replacement tooth. By being designed to be as strong as the real tooth enamel, you are getting a replacement tooth that is as close to your natural tooth as possible.
- It doesn’t matter if it is a chipped, cracked, discolored, or decayed, the installation of a dental crown will immediately restore the beauty of your tooth and fix your damaged smile.
For More Details About Dental Crowns, Contact Us
Book an assessment with your dentist here at Dentistry With A Smile, LLC in Fall River, MA, Dr. Suhair Shamoon, by dialing (508) 672-6471 now.
At Dentistry with a Smile, LLC in Fall River, Dr. Suhair Shamoon completes smile with leading-edge tooth replacements called dental implants. Made from biocompatible titanium metal, implants anchor single-tooth crowns or bridgework and dentures. Whatever your restorative need, the team can meet it so you function well and look great.
When you lose a tooth, the resulting smile gap detracts from your personal appearance, oral function, speech and something else you may not know about. It's jaw bone integrity. After dental extraction, the bone and gum tissue surrounding the empty socket deteriorates, losing size, shape and strength.
So, because of these bone changes, your other teeth will move toward the gap, and with substantial tooth loss, your bite height will change.
Restore your smile
Your dentist offers today's best tooth-replacement in her Fall River office. The dental implant eliminates unsightly gaps, and restores oral function and speech.
How does an implant do all that? The titanium implant bonds to your jawbone. As soon as Dr. Shamoon inserts the device into your jaw, osseointegration begins. Over the course of several weeks, the bone wraps around the implant, and the resulting new root is just as sturdy as a real one.
Dr. Shamoon completes a single-tooth dental implant with a metal extension post and a porcelain crown customized to your bite and smile. In the case of multiple implant placement, she adds a bridge or full denture.
You will bite, chew, smile, and speak just as if you never lost a tooth. Plus, dental implants can last a lifetime with proper care.
It all happens in the office
Dr. Shamoon does a complete oral exam and takes X-ray imaging to determine if you can receive dental implants. Most critical to a successful placement is sufficient bone in the jaw to accept the implant. If the bone is thin, your dentist may graft donor bone into the site, allow it to integrate and then perform your implant surgery. From evaluation to placement to restoration of your implant, most of these treatments take a few months.
A wonderful, renewed smile
It can happen to you thanks to dental implants and the skills of Dr. Suhair Shamoon and her team at Dentistry with a Smile, LLC. Call her office in Fall River to arrange your implant consultation: (508) 672-6471.
Give your smile a new lease on life with the help of dental veneers.
Do you ever wonder how all of your favorite celebrities always seem to have perfect smiles? We will let you in on a little secret: most of these smiles are made with the help of dental veneers. These very thin shells (about the thickness of a fingernail) are bonded to the front surface of teeth to cover up dental imperfections and to create a more perfect smile overall. Furthermore, veneers aren’t just for celebrities—here at Dentistry With A Smile in Fall River, MA, your dentist, Dr. Suhair Shamoon, provides this treatment to patients looking to improve their looks. Read on to learn more!
What veneers can do for you
Veneers can hide a myriad of cosmetic issues, including:
- Discolorations that are resistant to professional teeth whitening
- Chips and cracks
- Gaps between teeth
- Slightly crooked teeth
- Malformed and misshapen teeth
- Worn teeth
Veneers are often made from porcelain because this material is highly durable, stain-resistant, and bears a striking resemblance to tooth enamel. Veneers can be placed over all teeth that are visible when you smile, or you may choose to only get veneers on teeth that are misshapen, discolored, or that affect your smile’s appearance in some negative way. How many veneers you get and which teeth you would like to treat with cosmetic dentistry is something that you can discuss with your dentist during a consultation at our Fall River office.
How do I receive dental veneers?
Once you have come in for a consultation and our dental team has determined that you are an ideal candidate for veneers, we will schedule your first appointment. Most patients can get veneers in just two visits. During the first visit, we will prepare the teeth by gently removing some enamel from the front surface of your smile to make room for the veneers. Once the teeth are prepared, we will take impressions of your mouth to procure your exact dental measurements.
Given that it can take several weeks for a dental lab to create your veneers, in the meantime, we will place temporary veneers over your teeth. During the second visit, our dentist will check the look and fit of your veneers and make sure you are happy with the final look before permanently bonding the veneers to the front of your teeth.
Interested? Give us a call!
If you want a smile that you can feel confident in, then our cosmetic dental team has the answers. Call Dentistry With A Smile in Fall River, MA, today at (508) 672-6471 to schedule a consultation!