Posts for tag: Dental Crowns
What do chronic toothache, sensitivity to temperature, cavities, and damaged teeth have in common? These are some of the dental problems that can be treated with a dental crown. Modern porcelain crowns present wider applications aside from the restoration of failing teeth.
Here at Dentistry With A Smile, LLC in Fall River, MA, our dentist Dr. Suhair Shamoon also uses dental crowns to finish dental implants and reinforce their strength and longevity. So how can dental crowns fix your smile?
The Smile You Deserve
A dental crown is an ideal solution because it installs a cap that protects and strengthens the compromised tooth. It is designed to blend with the natural color and texture of your existing teeth so that it can improve your smile without being conspicuous. Dental crowns are commonly applied to:
- Cracked and chipped teeth
- Severely decayed teeth
- Combined with bridgework
- Replace missing teeth
Keep in mind that the loss of one or more teeth for whatever reason will damage your smile. Fortunately, dental crowns present a straightforward solution to restoring your damaged smile and improve your confidence and oral health. It's why your dentist in Fall River MA recommends them.
More Benefits from Dental Crowns
Aside from the obvious benefit of fixing your smile, there are other advantages that dental crowns offer. These are:
- Stronger Teeth. By reinforcing a damaged tooth, dental crowns provide a mechanism that will help you cope with the wear and tear that damages the tooth enamel. Although considered as the strongest substance of the body, teeth do get damaged. The good news is that dental crowns are equally strong, and although not designed to last forever, it could help keep your teeth and gums healthy for a long time with proper oral hygiene.
- Dental crowns likewise safeguard your mouth from harmful bacteria by preventing it from getting under the gum line where infection could start. Even if an infection has started, your dentist in Fall River, MA, can treat it with root canal therapy and then cap the treated tooth with a dental crown if caught early on. Protection extends not only to the damaged tooth but also to the adjacent ones.
- For some restorative dentistry procedures, it is the dental crown that serves as the replacement tooth. By being designed to be as strong as the real tooth enamel, you are getting a replacement tooth that is as close to your natural tooth as possible.
- It doesn’t matter if it is a chipped, cracked, discolored, or decayed, the installation of a dental crown will immediately restore the beauty of your tooth and fix your damaged smile.
For More Details About Dental Crowns, Contact Us
Book an assessment with your dentist here at Dentistry With A Smile, LLC in Fall River, MA, Dr. Suhair Shamoon, by dialing (508) 672-6471 now.
A tooth that has sustained exterior damage but is still healthy and viable on the inside can often be restored with a dental crown. Crowns are very common—approximately 40 million crowns are installed each year according to a study published by in The Journal of the American Dental Association. Visit Dr. Suhair Shamoon at Dentistry with a Smile, LLC in Fall River, MA, to have your tooth checked and see if a crown can help strengthen and restore your smile.
Dental Crowns for Your Smile
Your teeth are strong, but because of how often they are used in the course of a day they are still vulnerable to damage. If you play a contact sport, the risk of damage multiplies significantly. Luckily, dental crowns can fix a lot of problems with individual teeth, and they can even help fill in smile gaps. They are custom-designed tooth coverings formed from a resilient material, like porcelain, which closely match the look, feel, and function of natural tooth enamel. They are smoothed and contoured by your dentist so that they’re the same size and shape as your other teeth.
Restoring Tooth Damage
The most significant benefit of a dental crown is its ability to restore a tooth that’s been damaged. Common problems include cracks in the enamel, chipping around the edges, and enamel erosion from acidic substances or tooth grinding. A crown installed by Dr. Suhair Shamoon at Dentistry With A Smile, LLC replaces the damaged enamel, giving the tooth a new hard surface that will last for up to 15 years (possibly longer if you keep your teeth clean and well-maintained).
Beautifying Your Smile
Another benefit of a dental crown is its ability to reinvent your smile, making it look more aesthetically pleasing. If every time you smile you find yourself focused on a single tooth that’s discolored, chipped, or out of place, getting a custom crown installed may be the perfect resolution. Dr. Suhair Shamoon at Dentistry With A Smile, LLC will check your other teeth to choose a crown color and shape that will best fit your smile.
Visit Your Dentist for Dental Crowns
Restoring a single tooth with a dental crown can make a huge difference for your smile. Contact the dental team at Dentistry with a Smile, LLC in Fall River, MA, today to schedule a crown consultation. Call (508) 672-6471 today to set a time to visit with Dr. Suhair Shamoon.