At Dentistry with a Smile, LLC in Fall River, Dr. Suhair Shamoon completes smile with leading-edge tooth replacements called dental implants. Made from biocompatible titanium metal, implants anchor single-tooth crowns or bridgework and dentures. Whatever your restorative need, the team can meet it so you function well and look great.
When you lose a tooth, the resulting smile gap detracts from your personal appearance, oral function, speech and something else you may not know about. It's jaw bone integrity. After dental extraction, the bone and gum tissue surrounding the empty socket deteriorates, losing size, shape and strength.
So, because of these bone changes, your other teeth will move toward the gap, and with substantial tooth loss, your bite height will change.
Restore your smile
Your dentist offers today's best tooth-replacement in her Fall River office. The dental implant eliminates unsightly gaps, and restores oral function and speech.
How does an implant do all that? The titanium implant bonds to your jawbone. As soon as Dr. Shamoon inserts the device into your jaw, osseointegration begins. Over the course of several weeks, the bone wraps around the implant, and the resulting new root is just as sturdy as a real one.
Dr. Shamoon completes a single-tooth dental implant with a metal extension post and a porcelain crown customized to your bite and smile. In the case of multiple implant placement, she adds a bridge or full denture.
You will bite, chew, smile, and speak just as if you never lost a tooth. Plus, dental implants can last a lifetime with proper care.
It all happens in the office
Dr. Shamoon does a complete oral exam and takes X-ray imaging to determine if you can receive dental implants. Most critical to a successful placement is sufficient bone in the jaw to accept the implant. If the bone is thin, your dentist may graft donor bone into the site, allow it to integrate and then perform your implant surgery. From evaluation to placement to restoration of your implant, most of these treatments take a few months.
A wonderful, renewed smile
It can happen to you thanks to dental implants and the skills of Dr. Suhair Shamoon and her team at Dentistry with a Smile, LLC. Call her office in Fall River to arrange your implant consultation: (508) 672-6471.
Get a brilliantly whiter smile in about one hour with professional whitening.
If you have looked in the mirror and noticed that your teeth look a little dull and even a little yellow you may be wondering if it’s time to consider getting professional teeth whitening. While there are many ways to get a whiter smile if you are looking for a safe, effective and tailored whitening treatment then our Fall River, MA, dentist Dr. Suhair Shamoon at Dentistry With A Smile, LLC can help you get the brighter results you want, fast.
What causes dental stains?
The harder outer layers of a tooth are known as enamel, and this reflects the shade of the tooth from the dentin layer, which lies just underneath. As tooth enamel thins from age and wear and tear the natural shade can start to come through, which may be a bit yellow. Not only does the shade of your teeth change with age, but it also can be affected by diet, smoking or even fluoride use.
Teeth are porous so it’s easy for them to pick up stains. So if you aren’t brushing regularly or as thoroughly as you should be and you are consuming things like coffee, black tea, red wine and berries then you could increase your risk for stains. Tobacco can also severely discolor teeth. These stains are external stains, which means they only affect the enamel layer of the tooth and can be removed with teeth whitening treatment.
Who is a good candidate for teeth whitening?
If you are an otherwise healthy individual who is dealing with yellow teeth as a result of age or diet then you could be a great candidate for teeth whitening. Before getting whitening treatment our Fall River dentist will want to perform a thorough exam to make sure that teeth are healthy and free of decay. After this evaluation, we can determine whether teeth whitening is right for you.
Before the whitening treatment, we will need to clean your teeth to remove any plaque and tartar buildup beforehand. This ensures that your whitening results are more even and reach all areas of your smile. Then the whitening gel is applied and left on teeth for about 10-15 minutes (this can be customized to you based on your needs and any tooth sensitivity that you might have). During the course of a single whitening session, we may remove and reapply whitening gel 2-3 times. We can sometimes get teeth up to five shades whiter (or more) in just one treatment.
Dr. Suhair Shamoon at Dentistry With A Smile, LLC in Fall River, MA, is dedicated to providing quality, full-service dental care, from cosmetic and preventive to restorative and orthodontic. If you want to get a whiter smile before a special occasion or big event give us a call today at (508) 672-6471 to learn more.
Give your smile a new lease on life with the help of dental veneers.
Do you ever wonder how all of your favorite celebrities always seem to have perfect smiles? We will let you in on a little secret: most of these smiles are made with the help of dental veneers. These very thin shells (about the thickness of a fingernail) are bonded to the front surface of teeth to cover up dental imperfections and to create a more perfect smile overall. Furthermore, veneers aren’t just for celebrities—here at Dentistry With A Smile in Fall River, MA, your dentist, Dr. Suhair Shamoon, provides this treatment to patients looking to improve their looks. Read on to learn more!
What veneers can do for you
Veneers can hide a myriad of cosmetic issues, including:
- Discolorations that are resistant to professional teeth whitening
- Chips and cracks
- Gaps between teeth
- Slightly crooked teeth
- Malformed and misshapen teeth
- Worn teeth
Veneers are often made from porcelain because this material is highly durable, stain-resistant, and bears a striking resemblance to tooth enamel. Veneers can be placed over all teeth that are visible when you smile, or you may choose to only get veneers on teeth that are misshapen, discolored, or that affect your smile’s appearance in some negative way. How many veneers you get and which teeth you would like to treat with cosmetic dentistry is something that you can discuss with your dentist during a consultation at our Fall River office.
How do I receive dental veneers?
Once you have come in for a consultation and our dental team has determined that you are an ideal candidate for veneers, we will schedule your first appointment. Most patients can get veneers in just two visits. During the first visit, we will prepare the teeth by gently removing some enamel from the front surface of your smile to make room for the veneers. Once the teeth are prepared, we will take impressions of your mouth to procure your exact dental measurements.
Given that it can take several weeks for a dental lab to create your veneers, in the meantime, we will place temporary veneers over your teeth. During the second visit, our dentist will check the look and fit of your veneers and make sure you are happy with the final look before permanently bonding the veneers to the front of your teeth.
Interested? Give us a call!
If you want a smile that you can feel confident in, then our cosmetic dental team has the answers. Call Dentistry With A Smile in Fall River, MA, today at (508) 672-6471 to schedule a consultation!
Do you need a root canal? Root canal therapy is needed when the pulp of the tooth is inflamed, infected or dead. The pulp can become damaged by several conditions, including: tooth decay, cracks in the tooth, a large or deep filling, trauma, or leakage under an old filling or crown. Led by dentist Dr. Suhair Shamoon at Dentistry With a Smile, LLC in Fall River, MA offers root canal treatments to the patients they serve. Here are 5 signs you may need you a root canal.
1. You have tooth pain. Severe tooth pain is usually that first signal to a person that they need a root canal. The pain can range from mild to intense. The pain may get worse when you bite down on the tooth. Root canal therapy is performed to eliminate the pain. Root canal therapy has the reputation of being extremely painful. However, the procedure from your dentist in Fall River is no more painful than getting a filling.
2. Your gums are swollen. Gum inflammation near the tooth is a sign that root canal therapy is needed. An infection can cause inflammation. However, swelling does not always mean infection is present. The inflammation can range from being mild to severe. In severe cases, the inflammation may extend into your face or neck.
3. Hot and cold bother you. Sensitivity to heat or cold is another sign that may indicate the need for root canal treatment. Tooth sensitivity causes pain when the tooth is exposed to hot or cold temperatures through foods or beverages. Your tooth will no longer be sensitive to hot and cold temperatures after treatment.
4. You have a pimple on your gums. A pimple or bump on your gum is a sign that you may need root canal therapy. The bump on your gum may disappear and then come back. This bump is an accumulation of pus that is formed as a result of an infection. Your dental practitioner will treat this by performing a root canal.
5. You have a darkened tooth. One darkened or discolored tooth is a sign that root canal therapy is needed. When the roots of the infected tooth have died, the tooth may turn black, dark yellow, brown, or gray. Tooth discoloration can also be caused by a damaged filling or severe tooth decay, so visiting a dental practitioner for a checkup is recommended.
Never put off until tomorrow what you should do right now. If you need root canal therapy, call Call Dentistry With a Smile at (508) 672-6471 now to schedule a dental consultation with Dr. Suhair Shamoon at Dentistry With a Smile, LLC in Fall River, MA. We will help you break free of tooth pain and get your life back.
Are you in need of a dental implant?
Dental implants are a cosmetic and restorative procedure that beautifies your smile, reinforces jaw strength, and boosts confidence. Your dentist in Fall River, MA, Dr. Suhair Shamoon, uses them to rebuild her patients' smiles—read on to learn more!
What's a dental implant?
Dental implants consist of a titanium post that is placed into the jawbone to replace a missing tooth or several missing teeth. The support it provides enables proper eating functionality as well as jawbone stimulation (this prevents the bone from shrinking).
The procedure is quite simple and straightforward:
- The dentist applies local anesthetic to the area undergoing the procedure.
- Any remaining decayed or broken tooth matter is removed and the titanium post inserted into the jawbone.
- The doctor allows the site to heal for a period of 3 to 6 months.
- The process of osseointegration takes its full course during these months, where the titanium post fuses to the jawbone.
- Your Fall River dentist will then re-open the area, insert an abutment and place a crown over the abutment.
If you have any sort of post-operative discomfort, you can use over-the-counter pain medication and/or ice the area to reduce inflammation.
What are the advantages of dental implants?
On top of being able to last a lifetime, implants have a number of other benefits, as well. Some of these include:
- A high success rate (95%)
- They don't slip out of place like dentures
- The restore bite and chewing function
- They strengthen the jawbone to avoid shrinkage
- They fill in dental gaps
- They look natural and can give you a beautiful smile
Interested? Give us a call!
If you have questions or concerns, call your Fall River, MA, dentist today! The dental health professionals at Dentistry With a Smile can be reached at (508) 672-6471, so don't hesitate to reach out.
This website includes materials that are protected by copyright, or other proprietary rights. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use, as defined in the copyright laws, requires the written permission of the copyright owners.